Ingredients for 4 people
- 500 g of Carnaroli rice
- 300 ml of Amarone Classico Cantina Valpolicella S.Pietro
- 5 litres of vegetable stock
- half a leek
- 2 shallots
- 50 g of butter
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 30 g parmesan cheese
- chives to taste
- Pour the Amarone wine into a pan and boil for a few minutes
- Add the oil, half of the butter, the leek and the finely chopped shallots to the pan, brown them for a few minutes and add half a cup of wine.
- Add the rice and cook for a few minutes, adding the vegetable stock and the remaining Amarone as the rice requires it.
- Add the remaining butter, chives, and parmesan cheese.
- Serve with a glass of Amarone at 18°C.
The best wine to accompany this recipe
Amarone della Valpolicella DOCG
Intense ruby red with garnet hues, elegant notes of ripe plum with hints of chocolate.
Remarkably harmonious on the palate with silky tannins, well balanced, mellow.